Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

3.27.2012

More Complete Randomness, Via Pictures...

 First off, a fish update: 
Thirteen days after we got our fish (I know that it was that many days exactly because we just barely made the two week "return policy") William's fish, "Diego", died.  We took it back to the store that evening, and he picked out a cute little striped Molly that he named "Zebra".  I decided to pick out a replacement fish too.  This time I got a sweet little "Bleeding Heart" Molly that I named Anderson (ahem) Grouper.  Yes, I realize I'm crazy.

Madelyn's fish, "Nemo", was not loving having the new company, and he died two days later.  He got flushed, and Madelyn will still look in the potty saying, "My fishy?". 

And then there were two....until today.  Anderson Grouper was stuck to the filter, barely breathing, all morning.  Here he is: 

No, I didn't take a picture of a dead fish.  He's still alive here.  I'm not that morbid.  He's just almost dead.  

 I think "Zebra" is on his way out because he's not eating and has white spots on him.  The culprit may be Ich.   Listen to me, sounding all knowledgeable on fish (I may or may not have spent the morning with my friend Google).  Anyway, it's a parasite that causes white spots on the fish (which all the fish but "Dora" had).  I think I'm going to hold off and talk to the fish guy (yep, official term) before getting anymore.  

 See the white spots on "Zebra"?

Moving right along...I made a new letter/number game for William (courtesy of Pinterest of course).  He really likes it, and it was super easy to do! We played it this afternoon and I think it may become a "quiet time" tradition:


Finally, this picture sums up about how much privacy I have around here:


Yep, my bra was Madelyn's toy of choice this afternoon.  Lovely.  What's even better is that while I was attempting to take a shower, William came in and said, "Mommy is it ok if I go potty while you're in the shower? I'll let you know when I need you to wipe me, ok?" Can't a girl even shave her legs in peace?


No comments:

Post a Comment