Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

3.26.2012

Normal?

I got a call from the pediatric ENT's office today: William's sleep test results were normal.

You'd think I'd be ecstatic that my child is normal, fine, and healthy on all accounts, but it's hard to celebrate when I still don't have answers.  He is sleeping better, but I certainly wouldn't call it "normal".  He snores.  He wakes up...a lot.  He cries.  His tonsils are still huge.  He gets into our bed almost every night (he only sleeps in his bed the entire night when he doesn't wake up at all- this happens about 2 nights a week.  An improvement, but still frustrating compared to his sister's sleeping 12 hours straight all night, every night).

Now what?

Well, they want his ears rechecked for fluid (there was some at his last appointment) to make certain his ears are draining fine.  I plan on just having his pediatrician check them on Thursday at his check-up.  I am also having the results faxed over to her office so we can discuss them then.  The nurse with our ENT said that if sleep results are normal, but the patient is still having problems, they usually recommend seeing an allergist (there could be some sort of trigger that is causing him to sleep so poorly).

Other than that, I plan on cutting out his afternoon naps because we are in a vicious cycle.  He sleeps horribly, I let him take a nap the next day, he wants to sleep for 3 hours, then he doesn't want to go to bed at night so he stays up late, sleeps horribly, and then is tired the next day.  See? It's vicious.

Thank you all for your prayers and support.  I ask that you pray for answers and a solution to his sleeping issues.  I am very thankful for them, as well as the fact that my baby won't have to undergo surgery though, so I'm going to try and focus on that for now!

1 comment:

  1. Sorry they didn't have an answer for you! Maybe cutting out the naps and introducing an uber early bedtime would work better? I don't know. Totally shooting in the dark there.

    ReplyDelete