Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

3.13.2012

Complete randomness, via pictures.

William's first soccer game of the season was this past Saturday, and afterwards we spotted a few yard sales that just couldn't be passed up.  Sean and I went a little crazy at this one moving sale- buying 2 tables, an antique piano bench (nope, we don't have a piano!), a shelf, a Pier-One appetizer set, and an ab-roller (completely random, but he's on a fitness kick).  Here's one of the tables we snagged (for $5!):
 I decided to put it in our bathroom to help spice it up.  I absolutely despise my bathroom because it's small and random.  The tiles are a "once-pink-turned-terracotta" color and nothing matches them! However, I do like how the table looks in there.  Sean's next project is to sand it and refinish it a dark brown.  
Onto the next bit of randomness: Madelyn's self-comfort technique.  For over a year now Madelyn has done this odd sort of "comfort mechanism", and we've finally figured out that that's what it is! 
 ...She holds her own hand.  At first, we thought she had hurt it because she held it all gimp-like, but she started doing it more and more frequently until we realized it's just how she comforts herself (aside from the help of a paci).  
 It's actually kind of funny because she does it ALL THE TIME now.  She'll do it when she gets tired, when she's relaxing, when she's hurt, and especially when she's riding in the car.  Sean and I joke that it's probably a pressure point and she's releasing some progesterone (aka "the calming hormone") into her system! I think we stress her out! Ha! Ha! 
 Finally, I have to share with you my latest obsession:
 Laundry detergent "pods"! These things are amazing! It's ridiculous how much easier they make doing laundry (I mean, seriously, how hard is it to pour a cap-full of liquid detergent in your machine??).  Most of y'all know that I make my own detergent,. which I usually use unless I can get the manufactured kind on sale (I got this with a coupon for $2).  Still, I have 26 loads already in a little pouch for me...plus they feel really cool! Ahhh...it's totally all about the little things!

p.s. Scheduling a sleep study two nights before Daylight Savings Time was so dumb.  So, so dumb.  

No comments:

Post a Comment