Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

3.10.2011

A peek at our week:

I wanted to post something funny or interesting but I'm at a complete loss; I guess I'll just post an update to let y'all know we're still alive! For starters, the blog party was a pretty big success, as we got some more followers here and I was also able to explore some good sites for myself. It's exciting to see that people like to read/can relate to my rants and randomness. :)

We've had a busy week thus far and it looks as if it's only going to get more hectic. We're spending the week (through Sunday) at my girlfriend's house while she is out of town. Her sons are 18 and 13 and I've watched them for 6 years now whenever their parents are out of town. Now that they're older, I pretty much just make sure they eat, sleep, get to school, and don't kill themselves/each other. They have a gorgeous home that my kids love to explore, and so many toys that William is twitching with delight. It's so sweet to see the older boys interact with my two little ones. William adores them both, and told the 13 year old that he was his best friend. What a sweet relationship they have!

On top of being away from home this week, we also have our usual mix of my work, William's school, and lots of "fluff". William had picture day at school today as well as his bookfair. As room mom, I had to work the bookfair this morning, so I was able to sneak a peek at William's class. They are such a cute group of kids! I used to teach his age group and, looking back, I have no idea how I did it! Let's just say that I had a lot more patience at that pre-children point of my life!

William has a Birthday party on Saturday, I have to work, and we are meeting up with my brother-in-law and his fiancee for dinner. We are all going to need a drink that night (especially Sean, as the party is at Chuck-E-Cheese and he is flying solo with both kiddos). What is your week looking like? Anyone have any fun plans for the weekend?


Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment