Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

8.13.2010

At a loss...

I mentioned before that my dad lost his job this past May (the 27th to be exact, but who's counting?). Last week he had an interview for a company in Manassas. Selfishly, I hoped that another opportunity would come knocking rather than one that was nearly 3 hours away. So far, neither has happened. He heard back from the head-hunter yesterday evening, and found out that an equally qualified applicant was hired merely because he is already in the area. I know that God has a plan for my dad and his career, but it is so hard to see the big picture when it's been nearly 3 months since he's worked. My mom has been so strong through out the whole thing, but I can see that even she is beginning to question what's to come. Today he is contacting more head-hunters and filling out more online applications. The process is so frustrating for me, as a daughter, because I know that for years and years, my dad defined himself by his career (as many men do). He's so much more than his business title though. I hate how society makes men feel that they are nothing more than a 10 point font on a business card. I know that he is at the "now what?" point and I just don't know how to help him or what to say. Please pray that God's perfect plan will be put into effect...soon!



Thank you! :)


No comments:

Post a Comment