Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

7.29.2010

3 month wrap-up


Question: How do you give a recap of the last three months without writing an epistle?

Answer: You make a list, of course!!

First off, I have to share a recent pic of my babes, because they do change with each breath, right??


William
(Still completely all boy....note the stick)

Madelyn
(I mean, do you see those eyes?!)


Ok, so back to the list:

-Madelyn was Baptized on Mother's Day (we had William's on Father's Day of 2008). She wore the same dress that William and I did.

-My sister-in-law, Shannon, had her first baby- Dylan- and my kid's first cousin. William refers to his as "Baby Dly" and loves giving him loads and loads of kisses.

-My dad lost his job on May 27th (totally unmerited, by the way) and is still in the career searching process. Who knew it was a full-time job trying to find an adequate job? He has a bunch of great leads, but prayers are certainly coveted!

-My mom had surgery on her foot for plantar's fasciitis. She was required to remain off of her foot for 3 weeks...of course the kids and I kept her company!

-Madelyn got two teeth (bottom) and looks even cuter, if I might add!

-William's speech has improved tremendously! He is talking up a storm and has a fantastic sense of humor!

-We've been going to the pool as often as possible, but with the heat over 100 degrees some days, it's almost too hot to be outside (submerged in water or not)!

-And the biggest thing we've had going on is the decision to move! Yes, we are moving at the end of August to a house that is 5 minutes down the road. So what's the big deal about that, you ask? Well, mister (or misses), let me tell you! The first thing is that it's on the other side of the tunnel (closer to my parent's house, our church, and my work) and I won't have to sit in tunnel traffic for 30 minutes just to run to the store! Secondly, we are moving from an apartment to a house! We'll have 3 bedrooms, a laundry/mud room, and a yard! I am so excited to have my little mud room off of the kitchen! Sean's excited that it has a shed in the backyard and already refers to it as his "man cave". Hey, don't joke! We've only been married 3 years, so I think we've been pretty blessed to still be "newly weds", have 2 kids, and come this far!

Well, it's getting late, my contacts are about glued to my cornea, and I have a crying baby to tend to (yep, she's still nursing away....and 19 pounds might I add). I'll post more often though....promise!


2 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you about the house!! THAT is awsome!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. my gosh, the kids are just beautiful, and growing so fast!

    ReplyDelete