Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

8.14.2010

Embracing the change...

Today we're going to the beach with Sean's brother, his fiancee, Sean's other brother, his girlfriend, and our two sun-loving children. I have loved the beach ever since I can remember. Every summer was spent in the Outer Banks boogie boarding, catching crabs, and begging to go to the Brew Thru (even though it's drinks were outrageously overpriced and the only thing I could get was a Coke). Now that I have children, I don't make it to the beach as often as I'd like. Instead of merely packing a towel, drinks, and a Subway foot long, I am now packing everything but the kitchen sink (I mean, literally!). Both kids need their suits, toys, towels, sunscreen, swim diapers, regular diapers, wipes, clothes to change into for the ride home, a beach umbrella, Madelyn's sleep pad, a neat sheet, a cooler of snacks and drinks, the video camera, the still camera (breathe, breathe, breathe)...I think that's it?? Life certainly has gotten hectic over the past three years, but I wouldn't go back to the way it was for anything. I have learned to embrace the change:

I am proud of my stretchmarks, as they are a reminder that my body is a source of life. I may not be able to wear a bikini any more, but I think a tank-kini suits me just fine :)

I smile at the huge mound of "equipment" that we have in the back of Sean's Explorer for just a few HOURS of fun in the sun.

I am so glad that I don't have to worry about impressing anyone while sitting shore-side. I already am married to the man of my dreams :)

Life may not be as simple as it once was, but life was also not as rich as it now is. Enjoy your Saturday, everyone, and I'll be sure to post pics later on!

1 comment:

  1. Parenting... the hardest yet most rewarding thing we will ever do with our lives! :o) i LOVE being a mommy!

    ReplyDelete