Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

1.19.2012

Who's up for a challenge?

I found this 30 Day Mom Challenge on Pinterest (yep, new obsession) the other day.  When I found it, the timing was really perfect (isn't it awesome how God does that?) because I had been wanting to work on myself as a mother.  There are so many days that I take a step back and think "I yelled way too much today" or "I totally should be spending more one-on-one time with my kids".  Some of the challenges are really easy (like kissing your child in their sleep or hugging them three times that day), but others I know are going to be way more difficult (can we say no yelling??).  The challenge works kind of like the "Fireproof" one for your marriage- start out with the number that corresponds with the day of the month, then when you're thirty days is over, start again!


As you can see, I have mine framed and on our main kitchen counter.  I need a visual daily reminder (hence all my little notes and post-its I have around with quotes and verses) of what it is I am working on.  I am confident that this tool, coupled with prayer, is going to work beautifully.  How could it not? Feel free to join in the challenge and let me know how it goes!

No comments:

Post a Comment