Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

10.13.2011

Today was brought to you by "Dailys"

Ever had one of those days where it starts off good but, somewhere in the middle, things start to go horribly wrong? Well, of course you have.  Today was that day for me.

The kids and I had a quiet, productive morning at home before setting off to run errands.  We went to story time in Ghent then, while in Norfolk, visited Sean at work.  On our way home, I intended to just simply dash into the store for a few items I needed for dinner.  Best laid plans, right?

First off, as soon as I parked I realized I had left my wallet at home.  Boy to I hate that feeling of "oh, crud, I've been driving around all day with no license or money".  I buckled the kids back in their seats and decided I'd run home and get it (after all, the store is just a few miles away).  Once we got home, I thought I'd just be able to grab my wallet and then we'd be on our way.  Wrong.

While I was running inside to get my wallet (and William was inside using the restroom), Madelyn sat in her carseat with all the doors locked but William's (his was still open).  Now, anyone but me at the time would realize that's a recipe for disaster.  While buckling William in, I sat my keys on the console and of course I forgot them there and shut the door.  Great, just great.  My children were locked in the car along with my phone and keys.  At first I didn't panic because William seems to know how to climb out of his booster at the bat of an eye.  Whenever I tell him, "Sit still, Mommy's just going to drop this letter in the mailbox" or "Don't move I'm just getting gas" he seems to slip out lickity-split.  Surely he'd be able to get out now and grab my keys for me, right? Ha ha ha.

It took 15 minutes of me coaching him, through tears, for him to wiggle lose and get to the keys.  I was so proud of him, and his tears dried up as soon as I told him he saved the day.  We finally made it to the store just in time to be caught in a monsoon and I didn't dwell on fabulous timing at all.

Now I'm enjoying this amazing creation in all it's delicious glory:






No comments:

Post a Comment