Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

7.04.2011

The Land of the Free and the Home of the Brave!

Erma Bombeck, one of the funniest women I knew wish I knew, once said:

"You have to love a nation that celebrates its independence every July 4, not with a parade of guns, tanks, and soldiers who file by the White House in a show of strength and muscle, but with family picnics where kids throw frisbees, the potato salad gets iffy, and the flies die from happiness.  You may think you have overeaten, but it is patriotism."


In all seriousness, I love our beautiful country and was thrilled to spend it's Birthday in true American style...with friends, family, a cookout, and fireworks (well, the little neighborhood ones we saw on our drive home...in the rain)! My best friend from high school, Casey, and her soldier husband, Greg, had a yummy cookout in their gorgeous new home! We all had such a wonderful time celebrating their first year wedding Anniversary, Greg's homecoming from Iraq, the purchase of their first home, and the gift of freedom that allows us to have such a holiday.  


Whatever you did, I hope you enjoyed yourself :) 
Here are some of my favorite shots from our 4th of July weekend "Hingley style":

 Our second annual "sparkler art"

 Mommy and Mady at the 4th of July parade

 W& M enjoying the marching band

 William petting a snake!

Me holding a Burmese Python! AHHH! I was so scared, but knew I'd kick myself if I didn't do it!


 W & M before heading off to the cookout

 Wave your flag!

 Pretty girl!

Casey and me:)


Happy Independence Day!!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment