Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

7.28.2011

Fig-alicious

My sweet neighbors called the other night with an open invitation to pick some deliciously ripe figs from their tree.  I could barely hang up the phone before running to the side yard.  After picking a bowl full, I then realized that I didn't know how to prepare a single thing with figs.  Sighhhh...


After getting some advice from my Facebook friends, and a few Google searches later, I found the first dish I wanted to prepare:


Roasted honey figs over Greek yogurt.  I fixed a dish for Sean and his brother, but I'd already met my calories for the day so I just had a bite.  It was pretty tasty! I still have half a bowl full so we'll see what's up next...

No comments:

Post a Comment