Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

7.22.2011

Bra-vo!


Since Madelyn self-weaned, I have yet to loose weight or gain energy, but I  have found a silver-lining (and it can be found in this pretty pink bag):


For the past 4 years, exactly, I've worn either a maternity or nursing bra (and while they are extremely sexy in their own right, I couldn't wait to chuck it tuck it neatly in my drawer).  About a week after Madelyn's last nursing session, it dawned on me that I didn't need to wear my mama bra any more.  I waited a few weeks to make sure I'd get an accurate size, then headed to the nearest Victoria's Secret.  I absolutely love it there because they have such amazing customer service (you get what you pay for, right?).  After getting measured, I realized I was in for a whole new experience.  My whole pre-baby life I've been a 34B (I even was given the nickname "Big Hair, Little Boobs" by my cousin...Hey, Heather!) and suddenly (well, maybe not so suddenly) I'm a 38D?! I swear, when they pulled out the bras for me to try on, I thought they were props from "Big Mama's House".  


While I tried on my options, Madelyn put the bras on her head like helmets...all the ladies thought she was hysterical! After getting out of all the "full coverage" granny options, I found some ones that I really liked.  Let me just tell you, ladies, I feel like a new woman! Don't be surprised if I have a little pep in my step next time you see me! Oh, and the ladies that helped me were super sweet- after I told them that this was my first "real" bra in four years, they gave me their discount! How awesome is that?! I'm starting to think that I can get used to this whole "having my body back" bit! 

1 comment:

  1. Woot! Congratulations. I hated working there with a passion, but I so look forward to the day I can put some pep back in my step, as well. As soon as I had my surgery (age 18... EEE to a C1/2) I gained 80 lbs, lost 60, then spent the next two years pregnant, and obviously gaining, so I'be literally had maybe a month or two in my life where I felt pep-in-the-step worthy. I'm very happy for you :)

    ReplyDelete