Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

5.17.2011

After much prayer and research, I have decided to begin my certification to become a birth doula sometime in the next year.  Madelyn is down to nursing only twice a day and I now have the "extra time" since leaving my part-time retail gig.  The only thing holding me back now is seed money.  Now, my certification will not cost nearly as much as me going back to school, but it is certainly an expense for a family of 4 living on one income.  Fortunately I have two years after I take my initial class to finish up everything.  Sooooo, if you live in the Hampton Roads area and are planning on having a baby in the next few years, please keep me in mind! Also, after reading though scripture, I have come up with the perfect name for my soon-to-be business.  I wanted something catchy, but also meaningful, so with no further adieu...


Creative Commons License

I chose this name because I absolutely LOVE the verse it comes from.  Psalm 127:3 says "Behold children are a heritage from the Lord, the fruit of the womb is a reward" and I can't think of anything more fitting to describe what the result of pregnancy is :)



Creative Commons License
Fruit of the Womb (Graphics and Name) by Erin is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.

3 comments:

  1. awesome! how exciting! who are you getting certified through?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it Erin!!! So excited for you! I know you have wanted this for long and it will be a blessing to both you and the mothers and babies you coach!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tracy- I am getting certified through DONA. I'm sure I'll need to pick your brain sometime!

    Hill- Thank you, my sweet friend! i love you!

    ReplyDelete