Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

3.23.2011

Three Years, already?


William Parker,

Happy 3rd Birthday, Sweet Boy! I can't believe it's been 3 years since they first laid your tiny, seven pounds even, body on my chest. You surprised us by coming nearly 2 weeks early and on Easter Sunday, nonetheless. What a wonderful miracle on such a perfect day.

The first few days you were in our lives were a whirlwind. You helped us muddle our way through the early days of parenthood and you continue to teach us new lessons daily. You taught me how to bring a child into this world, and how to nourish it with my milk. You gave me the gift of patience beyond belief and wisdom I had never known before.

You are such an amazing person with a fantastic sense of humor- you make me laugh daily with your silly antics. You are also an amazing big brother- better than I could have ever hoped. Madelyn looks up to you with such admiration and it warms my heart as to see your love for one another.

I hope you had a wonderful day full of all your favorite things- from cinnamon rolls for breakfast to meatloaf and meatballs for dinner (per your hilarious 3 year old request). Happy Birthday, baby boy. I love you more than life itself, and I look forward to all the joy we will share over the years to come.


All my heart,

Mommy


No comments:

Post a Comment