Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

3.26.2011

Here's to you!

Today was William's 3rd Birthday party. It feels like just yesterday that we celebrated his 1st at my parent's home with a big Elmo bash. This time he chose a Spiderman theme that was beyond cool in his preschool world. I made and froze his cupcakes on Monday when I did all my baking for the week (I mean, we did celebrate this little guy's Birthday 3 times: at school, with family, and his friend party today). I spent last night icing them with the homemade butter-cream frosting (that I also made and popped in the fridge on Monday), and topping them with their super-cute spiderweb design. I was thrilled with how they turned out and so was my sweet boy (and that's all that matters anyway, right?).

William had 11 friends join him at Kangaroo Jacs (an indoor bounce house) and they jumped, jumped, jumped 'till their hearts were content! I wasn't entirely thrilled with the service, but the idea of not having to completely clean my house from floor to ceiling, entertain all 11 kids, and then clean-up, was more than enough to have me sold on the idea. We are so blessed to have so many friends and loved ones who took the time out of their busy schedules to
celebrate William with us.


As a side note, turning three has proven to be amazing for William. So far he has worn underwear the past two days and has done wonderfully. I am so proud of how determined he is and I'm even more proud to be his mom.



No comments:

Post a Comment