Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

2.23.2011

It's just another day in "paradise".
Even the best laid plans go awry.
If anything can go wrong, it will.
No matter how you say it...today's been one of those days!

Despite the horrible night we had with the kids last night (and when I say horrible, I mean both kids wanting me all night, not letting Sean do anything for them, and this is night 4 of such behavior), this morning started off surprisingly well. We usually go to story time at the mall on Wednesday mornings, and need to be dressed and out the door by 9:40 (at the latest) if we're going to make it on time. Today the kids did such a good job of eating their breakfast/watching cartoons while I hopped in the shower and got ready. We were all fed, clothed, and ready to go by 9:30 and I was stoked! We are never early to things, and if you keep reading, you'll find out why!

When I got everything together and ready to go, I realized that Sean had William's booster in his vehicle. We did, however, have an extra car seat that I could install, provided the kids cooperated and watched from the storm-door. After about 10 minutes I successfully installed the car seat and we were on our way to the mall! Wait. Crap. Gas light just came on. Oh well, we're never going to make it if we stop!

A few minutes after 10:00 (starting time for story time) we pulled into the garage and, due to lack of parking, we had to park on the roof. Luckily I got a spot right next to the elevator! I popped the trunk to get the double stroller out and...what?!?! NO STROLLER! You have got to be kidding me! At least I parked right next to the elevator, right? That would be a help if that elevator was in service! So with the diaper bag on one arm, Madelyn on the other, and William holding my hand, we hoofed if over to the next closest elevator...about 50 yards away.

We finally made it to story time just to find that everyone and their brother had the same idea as we did. There was no place to park the stroller I didn't have, let alone room to sit. Our friends that we were meeting there had decided that it was just too packed for them too, so we made our way over to the play port. I had a few errands to run afterwards and thought that maybe the kids would be able to hang for just a few minutes without the stroller.

William was thrilled that we could ride the escalator this time because we did not have the stroller so I had him step on it first, and as soon as I got on it, he decided to hop off! So there we were, getting further away form each other by the second! My "baby" standing at the top, while I got carried further and further away. He was rightfully terrified and I kept telling him that as soon as I got to the bottom, I would come right back up. I kept hoping a mama would come by and hold his hand until I got there, but the only people that walked by were 20-something men who said things like, "look like you've got your hands full" and "oh man, look at you!". Seriously?! Help a sista out instead of making comments that don't help in the least, would ya!

We finally made it to the few stores that I needed to pop in and on our way to the car, a man at the information desk proceeded to ask if I needed to use one of their strollers because it looked like "I could use one", and afterall, they were free.

Ahhh....such is my life.

No comments:

Post a Comment