Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

2.09.2011

If we had a dog house, he'd be in it...

...but since we don't, can I change the location to a shed? That, we have!

Why am I putting my husband outside, you ask? Let me just say that he made a bad move last night. Couple that with getting around 3 hours sleep and the day I'm having so far, and I've decided that he's in trouble!

Last night Madelyn came into our bed around 2:30 to nurse and then we both dozed off after her late night snack. Around 3:00 I awoke to her projectile vomiting all over me. Now, when I say all over me, I mean ALL. OVER. ME. She puked in my hair, on my shirt, on my pillow, ON MY FACE. Normally my kid's vomit doesn't really bother me, but this case was particularly putrid. I seriously thought I was going to loose my lunch too.

Now, where does the hubs come into play? Well, while the vom-fest was going on, I was trying to get Sean's attention without making Madelyn upset. Now, Sean is an extremely deep sleeper and I usually have to shake/kick/yell at him to wake him up. Since Madelyn was already upset, I didn't want to exacerbate the situation and also wake up William. Subtle words were not getting his attention, so I was getting frustrated. When he finally did "come to", instead of helping me, he left me marinating in my baby's barf and changed his own shirt. SERIOUSLY?! He said that he had a cold sweat and nothing was worse than having a wet shirt. Really? Nothing's worse than that?

I beg to differ.

No comments:

Post a Comment