Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

10.31.2010

Madelyn and Me

Can I just say that I am really going to miss Madelyn nursing (not that I'm weaning her anytime soon, mind you). I've just been thinking about this a lot as she gets older and eats more solids. Today, while at the Zoo Boo, Madelyn sat along side us munching on chicken nuggets and french fries (yes, I know, cream of the crop!). The more solids she eats, the less frequently she nurses. However, being the breastfeeding advocate I am, I know that my milk is her perfect nutrition for her first year of life, and nothing else is necessary. That's why I don't flip out when we're running errands and I don't have time to mash up a banana, but just "whip it out" for her instead (well, how else do you want me to phrase it...haha). I stopped nursing William when he was 14 months old- one month into my pregnancy with Madelyn. I nearly stopped in my tracks when I realized that Madelyn will be that old in 4 months. How did she get to be that old? How did time just fly by that quickly? I love that Madelyn loves being a baby, that she doesn't try to do things too quickly (like Mr. William who walked at 9 months). She is perfectly content just being my shadow and watching every move that her big brother makes. Oh how I love her the bond we have.

Erin

No comments:

Post a Comment