Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

11.20.2012

But I don't want to!!

You know those little projects that you just keep putting of, and thus they hang over your head and keep nagging you? We all have one (or two, or three...) that you just can't bring yourself to do, no matter how simple they may actually be.  Here's my advice, JUST GO DO IT!

Until a few days ago, I hadn't cut a coupon for over a month and a half and my coupon drawer was over-flowing! I was dreading attacking the huge pile of newspaper inserts (and even thought it'd be easier to just throw them all away), but one night I just pulled the trigger, got out my scissors, and got to cutting! It only took about 2 hours to finish clipping and organizing everything, all while watching my regular Thursday night line-up.  I feel so liberated now, just by doing something about that nagging chore that turned out to not be so difficult after all!

Ironically enough, I had also been dreading posting to my blog since it had been so long.  I hate going a few weeks or months without posting an entry because I feel like I have to play "catch-up" with what's been going on in our lives.  Then I realized, no I don't.  What rule book says that? This is my blog and I can choose what and when I want to write! Sometimes we just don't have anything exciting going on, or I just don't have anything good to write about, and that's OK! You forgive me right? Gee...thanks! :)

Now, go and do...it'll make you feel so much better and give you an amazing sense of accomplishment!


No comments:

Post a Comment