Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

9.20.2011

Twitching as I type

I've been completely off Zoloft for about three weeks now.  I spent the whole month of July and August  weaning myself off of this powerful selective serotonin reuptake inhibitor.  I'd like to say that I feel so much better, and that the "normal Erin" is back, but I'd be lying.  


Mentally I feel better because I know that I am getting a very strong drug out of my system.  I love knowing that the only pill I have to take in the morning is my vitamin.  However, it's been more physically and emotionally challenging than I ever imagined.  I thought that since I took my time weaning off of the 100 mg tablet that I wouldn't have any withdrawal symptoms.  WRONG! I have had headaches, numbness and tingling in my mouth, hands and feet, dizziness, extreme worry, and lots of mood swings.  


Deep down I know that this is just my body is adjusting from going to the strongest dosage of this medication to none at all, but I can't help but wonder if this is just how it's going to be.  I know it sounds silly to think that, because the whole reason I started Zoloft was due to being so overwhelmed will all the major life events that occurred within a year span (Sean's near-fatal car accident, finding out I was pregnant, getting married, graduating, moving out on my own, and having a baby).  


I worry that non-medicated Erin won't know how to handle two toddlers.  I worry that I'm going to have these headaches and mood swings forever (and I know that has to cross Sean's mind too!).  I'm just worried, frustrated, and ready to have my body back the way it was 4 years ago. 



1 comment: