Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

4.12.2011

They say it's your Birthday!


In honor of my Birthday tomorrow, I thought  I'd share some of what I've learned during the past quarter of a century.  I can't believe I'm 25 (I do realize that's not old though) because I feel like I'm still 19! Hoping the next 25 go by slower, but I'm pretty sure that's wishful thinking!


25 Lessons for 25 Years

-I am beyond blessed.

-Family means everything.

- Disney World never loses its magic.

-You really can’t please everyone…

-…but I will probably still try.

-Bloom where you’re planted.

-Laughter is the best medicine (and it does wonders for your ab muscles too!)

-Pink is fabulous.

-Kindness gets you a long way.

-Saying whatever comes to your mind doesn’t.

-Life doesn’t stay as simple as the days of lemonade stands and running through sprinklers, but it’s still wonderful.

-Smile twice as much as you frown.

-Have a giving heart.

-Make your memories count.

-Say “please” and “thank you” no matter how old you are.

-There’s no such thing as monsters, but the dark can be scary.

-Your favorite food will always be your favorite.

-Don’t lie.

-Pray often.

-At some point you stop growing up, but you can keep growing out!

-You learn so much from your parents- good and bad.  Appreciate both because they make you who you are.

-Make sure you send out thank you notes.

-Say “I love you” whenever you feel it.  No holding back.

-Sing even if you don’t know the right words.

-Give thanks daily for all that God has given you.



p.s. Can anyone guess my birth stats? Here's a hint...my weight was the same as the time that I was born :)

1 comment:

  1. That is great! I have definitely learned these same things in my first 25 years. :) Hope you had a great birthday! <3

    ReplyDelete