Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

2.05.2011

I just can't believe it!

Last night it hit me: Madelyn's 13 months old. You'd probably like to know what's special about that, right? Well, it was when William was 13 months old that I got pregnant with my sweet girl.

It's crazy to think back to that time in my life. I had been in control over my PPD (Post Partum Depression) for about 6 months, we were thrilled to have a happy and healthy little boy, and we also had the "we'll lessen up on the planning and see what God has in store for us" mentality. Life was good. Little did we know, it was about to get even better. We were so blessed to get pregnant with Madelyn after just one month of "casually trying".

I proceeded to nurse William for the next month and then decided to wean him due to my extreme exhaustion (I can't even begin to tell you how draining it was to grow a new life and nourish an existing one). I had a lot of mommy guilt about this decision, but he has such an independent personality that he didn't mind!

Anyway, where this story is going is to the direction of how grown up I thought William was then. He had been walking for 4 months, was long and lean, and looked like a little man. We obviously thought he was old enough to be a big brother! :)

This brings me around to Madelyn. When I look at her, I think, "She's so young! I mean, I just had her! I can't even fathom having another baby any time soon!" Maybe part of this mentality is due to the fact that I now have two "babies" to keep me busy, or maybe Madelyn really is babified (which I can't say I mind- especially following Mr. Independent).

I love that Mady still snuggles, nurses, crawls, and has plenty of baby fat. I know that all too soon she'll be running along side her big brother, but until that day I am happy to have her be my little baby girl.


Erin

1 comment:

  1. Wait until that little baby girl drives off in your car leaving you behind to pray and cry about where the time has gone.
    Enjoy every minute with those precious ones, Erin for soon they will be feeling their independence and wanting to leave home.
    Pat

    ReplyDelete