Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

1.02.2011

Happy Birthday, Madelyn Paige!!!

Madelyn Paige,
You stole my heart the moment God placed you within me. For 37 weeks you grew inside of my womb while your brother anxiously awaited your arrival. Every night he would place the doppler on my belly to listen to your strong heartbeat. You amazed us even before you were born.
Throughout my pregnancy with you, I prayed that you would be healthy, but I secretly wished you'd be a girl. I wanted William to have a little sister, Daddy to have his little girl, and me to have my life-long friend. It didn't take long for your closet to become flooded with shades of pink, as you were my favorite person to shop for.
You graced us with your presence on the day of your baby shower- everyone said you didn't want to miss out on the action! I went into labor with you on the 2nd, but you took awhile to start Mommy's contractions, so you weren't born until the 3rd. I wanted so badly to have you naturally and aside from the pitocin to stimulate the contractions, and the shot of Nubain that allowed me to rest, I did. At 1:19 a.m. on January 3rd, you came into this world- crying hard and wanting to nurse. I fell even more in love with you then.
Today you are one year old and I can hardly believe it. Part of me is sad that I will not get to hold little, newborn you again. However, part of me is excited for what's to come. I look forward to silly things: Your hair being long enough for piggy tails, playing dress up, hearing what your voice will sound like, and watching you learn all the wonderful things life has to offer.
I love you more than you will ever know, Sweet Girl, but that doesn't mean I won't stop trying to show you. I hope you enjoy your beautiful day that God created just for you. Always remember: William, Daddy, and I had each other, then we had you, then we had everything.
Happy Birthday, Mady-Pie!
All my love,
Mommy

No comments:

Post a Comment