Because of His crown, we can have ours.

“Blessed is the man who perseveres under trial, because when he has stood the test, he will receive the crown of life that God has promised to those who love him.”

James 1:12

4.09.2010



Welcome to our first ever Friday's Fab Find! The idea of this "show and tell" of sorts, came to me the other day while changing my son's diaper. I know, gross, right? Only it wasn't that bad because I had one of my recent fab finds with me...thus my idea was born.

I thought it would be fun to share our cool, handy, time and money saving ideas with one another, in hopes that it may make all of our lives a little easier. Each week I'll share one of my favorite finds with you and, if you like, you can share one of yours too! Your find can be anything- an idea, an item, a person, a thing...you get the picture...anything that makes your life as a mom (or a dad, or a grandma, and so on, and so on...) easier!

My find for the week is the inspiration piece for the whole "Friday's Fab Find" idea. It is my pleasure to introduce you to the SaraBear diaper caddy:






***Why I love SaraBear:

-Let's start with the appearance, shall we? The first thing that attracted me to this diaper basket was the gorgeous print! The colors in the fabric matched our nursery theme perfectly and I was super stoked to find it! The liner is also machine washable and every mama knows that you don't buy anything unless it's able to be thrown in the wash!

- The pockets! Hello, there are 4 large pockets that surround the center, rectangular pocket that fits standard wipe containers perfectly! I have enough space in the 4 pockets for William's pull-ups, Madelyn's diapers, a changing pad, and baby powder. Also, all around the caddy are little pockets that hold lotion, medicine, nail clippers, etc.

- It's a HUGE space saver! Our family lives in a two bedroom apartment and while it's quite large for an apartment, we are still quickly outgrowing our living space. After Christmas, Madelyn's birth, and William's Birthday we soon found ourselves running out of space to put everything. The changing table soon became a non-essential item in our household and took up residence in storage. This caddy allows me to have all the kid's changing table items in one, compact basket. I have no shame in laying my kiddos on top of the changing pad on the floor and changing their diaper!

-They're waaaaay cheaper than a changing table! Most caddys cost around $35 and can be found at several local retailers, including Babies R Us and Target.

-They are advocates for a great charity! As most of you know, I was diagnosed with PPD (Post Partum Depression) several months after William's birth. SaraBear is a proud donor to Postpartum Support International, or PSI. PSI is an internationally acclaimed organization whose mission is to eradicate the ignorance of pregnancy mood disorders, and to advocate, educate and provide support for maternal mental health in every community, worldwide. I love this organization and love even more that some of the proceeds of my caddy purchase goes towards it! There is also an informational tag on the handle of each caddy that lists the warning signs of PPD and the PSI helpline number and website.

psi-logo.gif



What do you think is fab this Friday...and why??

1 comment:

  1. Hi there! I just finally made the transition from your old blog to this one, so forgive my lateness. I just received a SaraBear caddy as well, and I love it. We have similar families, you and I. My son is 2 1/2 and my daughter is 8 weeks old tomorrow. Her name is Madigan, and we call her Maddie. It's taken me some time to actually gather all my stuff into the diaper caddy, but now I love it. My only complaint is that some of the wicker pieces have broken off as a result of my toddler running full force into it. Oh well. Any mom knows you just can't keep nice things!! Love following your adventures.

    ReplyDelete